Monday, February 13, 2012

Me and My Violin

When I was little I wanted to learn how to play "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" on the violin. So when my mother asked me what instrument I wanted to play I said, "I want to play the violin." So my mom signed me up for violin class. I was curious on what my teacher was going to look like, if I was going to have a group class or if it was just me, what I was going to do, and how to play the violin. When we took the violin home I opened it, there was a blanket on the violin and a bow came with it. I instantly fell in love with the bow and touched the hairs on the bow. Oh, how soft it was. I loved feeling the hairs on my bow. But I was disappointed when my teacher said that you weren't supposed to touch the hair on the bow.

As I learned it got more frustrating each day. At some times I felt like quitting. But then I remembered that it was me who signed myself up for violin. And I wanted to play the violin. When I was little I had always dreamed of being very good at the violin. And I was going to make that dream come true. So I practiced hard on my violin. When I finished Book 1, I got a trophy and I was proud of myself. I had worked hard enough to complete one book.

I don't how many more books I have to do. But I seen up to five books, so I am pretty sure I have four more to go. Nowadays I am in Book 2 and I am finishing it up. I am very advanced at violin. My sister (Sabrina) plays the viola. I started early. More early than Sabrina! It's pretty strange that I'm younger than Sabrina and she's older than me and I'm in a higher level on strings and she's on a lower level on strings. That's what I call strange!

Though violin is hard, I still work at it everyday. It is on my list that I do before school and if I don't finish it before school I have to do it after school. I have violin lessons on Thursdays and I still have a really good teacher. I hope that someday I will become a professional in violin. But if I want to become that then I need to practice it. Though violin is very hard, it has been an experience for me. And I have learned from violin that practice makes perfect.

1 comment:

shanan said...

Keep up the good work and practicing, Annie! It will definitely pay off one day!